How To Book An Appointment
General Booking Information
To see one of our consultants you ideally need a referral letter from your GP. This can be posted, faxed or e-mailed through to our secretaries.
If your physiotherapist has recommended that you see one of our consultants then you should arrange for the referral via your GP before we can see you.
Once you have your GP’s agreement to refer, you can ring ahead to arrange a provisional appointment.
If you call in advance of us receiving the GP referral please download, complete and return the “patient details form”.
- Mr O’Leary consults on a Monday and Tuesday afternoon and operates on a Tuesday morning.
- Mr Davies consults on a Tuesday, on alternate Wednesdays, and operates on a Monday morning.
- Mr Tavares consults on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and operates on Tuesday and Friday.
- Mr Dodds consults on Tuesday and Friday and operates on Tuesday morning.
- Mr Morley consults on Monday and Wednesday and operates on Monday and Wednesday.
- Mr Tayton consults at CircleReading on Tuesdays 8am to 12.30pm and Thursdays 2pm to 5.30pm, and at the Berkshire Independent Hospital on Mondays and Thursdays from 8am to 12.30pm.
All our consultants are based at Circle Reading Hospital – click here for map and directions to the hospital.
In addition Mr Davies, Mr Morley and Mr Tavares also consult at Spire Dunedin Hospital – click here for map and directions to the hospital.
Mr Tayton offers appointments at the Berkshire Independent Hospital – click here for map and directions to the hospital
Booking An MRI Scan After Your Consultation
An MRI (Magnetic Resonance Image) scan may be requested for you by your consultant following your consultation. In some cases it maybe possible to have your scan done on the same day, however it is usually arranged in the next few days following your consultation at a time to suit you. If you haven’t already done so, then you will need to call your medical health insurer for authorisation beforehand. The fee for the MRI scan is sent from the hospital and this is separate from the consultant’s fee. If you are particularly claustrophobic then it is possible for you to be referred to an ‘open’ MRI scanner based in Windsor or Swindon.
Please make your consultant aware at your initial appointment so that the appropriate referral can be made.
Contact Details for MRI departments
Circle, Reading – Main Switchboard – 0118 922 6888 (ask for Radiology)
Berkshire Private Imaging – Private Secretaries 0118 903 6930
Dunedin Hospital – MRI Department. 0118 955 3415 (ext 4136)
Berkshire Independent Hospital – main switchboard 0118 902 8000
Royal Berkshire Hospital – MRI Dept. 0118 322 7386